Wallaby star Israel Folau hints at possible sacking with 'God First' profile overhaul

Wallaby star Israel Folau appears to have left rugby fans in little doubt about his future in the sport.

With an independent three-person panel expected to decide on the Wallaby backline ace's future this week, Folau could be resigned to losing his A$4 million deal with Rugby Australia after electing to remove pictures of himself in Waratahs gear from his Instagram and Twitter accounts. He has replaced them with religious images.

The main profile picture on both accounts is now an image of a number '1'. It is made up of the word 'god' repeated many times.

Within the number '1' the words 'God First' are fitted into the image. 

The fundamentalist Christian faces being sacked by RA after being found to have committed a high-level code of conduct breach for an Instagram post that said hell awaited "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers" and others.

Folau has recently revealed how he resisted the "temptation" of a peace offering from Rugby Australia that would have allowed him to resurrect his playing career, and also described his fallout with the governing body as "challenging".

In a video of him speaking at a church service last Sunday, Folau said the process was not finished and the "outcome is yet to be known".

"Potentially I could get terminated, which means that there's no more playing contract and therefore no more finances or money coming in," he said from the lectern.

"It would be the first time it has happened to me in my life. All the materialistic things I have been able to have over the last number of years are slowly being taken away from me.

"It's been really challenging but also it's been encouraging to myself to see what my God is actually doing."

It has been reported that Super Rugby's leading try-scorer would have been allowed to resume playing had he agreed to take down his latest controversial post.

The panel deciding Folau's fate is considering written submissions from both the player's legal team and Rugby Australia before handing down their verdict.