Andy Ruiz

Andy Ruiz Jr finally agrees to rematch with Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia

British promoter Eddie Hearn announced the highly-anticipated sequel for December 7 a fortnight ago but Ruiz, the WBA, WBO and IBF champion, initially disputed the venue.

Reports suggest Mexican-American Ruiz has  been swayed by a larger cut of the revenue than his initial share of $15m for the mega-fight dubbed "Clash on the Dunes".

"I dethroned the king June 1st and made history becoming the first Mexican/American champion of the world," Ruiz wrote in a tweet confirming his acceptance.

Andy Ruiz Jr wants rematch with Anthony Joshua in Mexico

Ruiz scored a seventh round TKO victory over Joshua in New York last weekend to win the WBA, WBO and IBF belts and grab control of an increasingly heated division that includes resurgent Kiwi Joseph Parker, still the only fighter to have beaten Ruiz.

There is a rematch clause and Joshua's stunned boss Eddie Hearn immediately looked to invoke that, calling for a sequel in Britain in November-December.

But Ruiz wants to cash in on his status as Mexico's first world champion in the glamour heavyweight division and has raised the idea of a home bout.

Anthony Joshua’s Upset Loss to Andy Ruiz Scrambles Heavyweight Boxing

Anthony Joshua, a chiseled, towering, undefeated British world heavyweight champion with a wide grin and an easy disposition, came to Madison Square Garden on Saturday night to make his United States debut. He had talked before the fight about not just winning, but winning in style, and about the potential for a megafight down the road against Deontay Wilder, an undefeated world champion from the United States.

Ruiz not impressed by Parker

The pair will fight for the WBO world heavyweight title in Auckland next month.

Ruiz told Fight News that he's as studied the past fights of the 24-year-old Parker, and he's noticed that the New Zealand can't fight well going backwards.

Ruiz wasn't impressed with how the 6'4" Parker fought in his narrow 12 round unanimous decision win over Carlos Takam in May in their fight in the WBO heavyweight eliminator bout.

"In his fight against Carlos Takam he didn't really look that good, he's not good fighting backward," Ruiz said.

Parker laps up home edge

The fight has been confirmed for Auckland's Vector Arena on December 10 and the 24-year-old Parker couldn't be happier to see that outcome from a prolonged battle to secure the finances to make it happen.

Parker made that clear when he fronted media via a video link on Wednesday.

"Now that it is locked in and we know it is in New Zealand, that very important because we have everything set up there. It's fantastic," Parker said.

Joseph Parker to fight in Auckland - reports

The New Zealand boxer is set to face Mexican-American Andy Ruiz for the WBO title on 10 December.

Parker's promoters Duco have been trying to secure the seven-figure sum required for the fight to happen in Auckland, but had withdrawn their bid for public money to help stage the event citing reaction from the public, media and politicians.

Parker to fight for WBO world heavyweight title

RNZ reports Andy Ruiz has an unbeaten run over 21 fights, with 18 knockouts. The New Zealand boxer Joseph Parker will fight Mexican Andy Ruiz for the WBO world heavyweight title in Auckland in December.

The WBO title was vacated by Briton Tyson Fury earlier this month after revelations he was suffering from depression and drug addiction.

WBO gave the order for Parker and Ruiz to fight during its convention in San Juan, in Puerto Rico.

The bout is likely to be on 10 December.