Anthony Joshua

Miller issues challenge to Joshua

Joshua was present on American soil to promote the defence of his IBF, WBA and WBO titles against Russian Alexander Povetkin on September 22 at Wembley Stadium. 

However, Miller interrupted the head-to-head meeting between the two heavyweights to confront the unified champion, who responded to the goading by turning to face up to the trash-talking American. 

Wilder lets fly at Joshua

It emerged on Tuesday that the WBA had ordered Joshua to agree a date for a mandatory title defence against Alexander Povetkin.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter, questioned whether Wilder wants to step into the ring with the Briton, stating that he had not heard back from the American's camp after sending a contract over last week.

Hearn said it appears that a bout with Povetkin will be next for WBO, IBF, IBO and WBA strap-holder Joshua and Wilder – the WBC champion – let his feelings be known over that latest twist.

Hearn: Joshua frustrated by Wilder

WBC champion Wilder is yet to agree to a unification fight with Joshua, who is aiming to hold all four of the major heavyweight belts. 

The lengthy negotiations have once again stalled after delays in the American's camp returning the contract they were sent by Hearn.

Now, the World Boxing Association (WBA) has ordered the Briton to sign for a mandatory title defence against Povetkin within 24 hours, and Hearn believes the governing body has run out of patience.

Wilder to be sent AJ terms

The unbeaten fighters have been on a collision course for some time, particularly since Joshua defeated Joseph Parker to add the WBO strap to his WBA and IBF belts.

However, despite plenty of back-and-forth verbal sparring, a deal has yet to materialise and Hearn, Joshua's promoter, recently suggested that an agreement to fight Alexander Povetkin was close and the Wilder clash would have to wait until February 2019.

Joshua-Wilder set for February 2019

Unbeaten knockout merchants Joshua (21-0) and Deontay Wilder (40-0) have seemingly been on a collision course for some time, particularly since the former beat Joseph Parker to add the WBO title to his WBA and IBF belts.

Negotiations with WBC holder Wilder and his camp have appeared fractious at best, but a breakthrough appears on the horizon.

However, Joshua will likely fight WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin first, with an announcement expected before the end of the week.

Wilder offers Joshua $50million

A unification bout with WBC champion Wilder has been touted for WBA, IBF and WBO titleholder Joshua, who claimed the latter belt with a unanimous decision over Joseph Parker last month.

A clash between the two unbeaten boxers is the fight everyone wants to see and on Wednesday, American Wilder announced he had something in the mail for Joshua – a $50m offer.

"I got something special for you," Wilder tweeted. "And by the way, all the money's in the bag."

Wilder ready to fight Joshua

Joshua vowed to knock WBC champion Wilder "spark out" after beating Joseph Parker in Cardiff on Saturday to add the WBO belt to his IBF and WBA straps.

Finkel said the Wilder camp are prepared to come to an agreement to face the Briton, with reports that a two-fight deal for bouts in the UK and the United States is on the cards.

"We are really glad that Anthony Joshua said for the first time, 'I will fight Deontay next...' and we believe he is a man of his word. Deontay accepts the challenge," Finkel told The Daily Telegraph.

Joshua vs Parker: Anthony Joshua completes wide points win over Joseph Parker in Cardiff

The British heavyweight star added the WBO belt to his IBF and WBA 'super' titles as he produced a disciplined display against the rugged Parker to earn a wide unanimous decision with scores of 118-110, 118-110 and 119-109 at the Principality Stadium.

Joshua's perfect run of 20 knockouts was ended by Parker, who retained his reputation for toughness, but AJ moved one belt away from becoming the undisputed champion.

The countdown begins to Parker vs Joshua

In every possible way, the 26-year-old boxer from the south Auckland suburb of Mangere is ready to dance and defy the odds in a world heavyweight title unification bout with British superstar Anthony Joshua.

As fit and fast as ever, mentally locked in and, perhaps most importantly, in a composed, confident and relaxed state of mind.

In the words of Parker himself, no stone has been left unturned in pursuit of what bookmakers are suggesting would be a huge upset victory against a powerful and physically imposing opponent.

Team Parker stay on front foot with Joshua

Punctuation is the subject of Team Parker's latest statement of intent, with promoter David Higgins insisting they not be sitting around waiting for Joshua at the final pre-fight press conference.

The Englishman has a penchant for showing up late to some obligations and if that happens at the event scheduled for noon on Tuesday in London (midnight NZ time), it appears Joshua will be on his own.