Anthony Joshua

AJ soft like England football - Team Parker

Higgins will on Wednesday outline the latest developments in negotiations for a unification fight between WBO champion Parker and Joshua, who holds the IBF and WBA belts.

Team Parker will also continue their claims around Joshua's supposed "glass jaw" and plan to produce video evidence of him being repeatedly taken to the canvas.

"There is a lot of hype and glamour. But we believe Joshua will fold at unification level like England fail to reach World Cup finals," Higgins told the Daily Mail.

Joseph Parker willing to take 35 per cent to fight Anthony Joshua

Promoters for WBO champion Parker and IBF and WBA champion Joshua are in increasingly serious negotiations about a unification fight early next year.

They finally seem to be finding some common ground. Parker's boss at Duco Events David Higgins started with a hardline demand of 50 per cent of what could be a massive pay-day and brought that down to 40 per cent. Parker appears ready to compromise even further to try to seal the deal.

Parker v Joshua makes progress

Parker, the WBO champion, and Joshua, the IBF and WBA champion, both want the fight to happen and it seems there is finally some movement in the stalled money talks to increase the possibility of a showdown in the ring next year.

"We weren't happy with their starting point but they have signalled they are willing to move a bit. We are in the middle of that negotiation now," Duco Events boss David Higgins said on Thursday after a night of productive talks with Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn.

Fury: Parker will Knock out Joshua

Fury is even willing to put his money where his mouth is.

"If Anthony Joshua fights Joseph Parker I will bet anybody in the world £5000 cash the [that] Parker will ko him?" Fury, back in the gym and vowing to clear his name to re-enter the division, wrote on Twitter.

The Parker and Joshua camps continue to be at odds over the value of the fight, with Duco Events boss David Higgins seething over a low-ball offer from Hearn earlier in the week.

Joshua calls for Wilder's camp to be realistic

Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter, flew out to the United States last week for talks with WBC heavyweight champion Wilder's promoters over a unification fight.

Hearn has also been in touch with Joseph Parker over a potential fight with the WBO strap holder next year.

IBF and WBA champion Joshua is eager to do battle with Wilder, but only if the right deal can be struck.

Speaking courtesy of Sports Tonight/Dubai Eye 103.8, Joshua said when asked if the Wilder fight is the one he wants next year: "Yeah why not?

Parker OK with 40/60 split

Joseph Parker's promoter is prepared to give Anthony Joshua 60 per cent of a deal to unify three of the four heavyweight belts.

Joshua's backer Eddie Hearn is courting WBO champion Parker and WBC champion Deontay Wilder for the rights to fight his IBF and WBA belt holder and would like the next deal done by the end of the month.

Duco Events boss David Higgins has made a move on the bidding table, dropping his cut as negotiations ramp up.

Parker: Joshua 'just average'

It was an ugly win for the British boxing star who moved to 20-0 in his career, all by stoppage, but the Watford man mountain maintained his pledge to unify the heavyweight division next year.

The next step in the journey will either be a mandatory defence of the WBA belt, or a fight with World Boxing Organisation champion Joseph Parker, the promoter Eddie Hearn intimated hours after Joshua had forced a 10th-round referee stoppage against granite-chinned Takam.

Barry: Parker can dethrone AJ

That's the firm belief of Parker's trainer Kevin Barry after he analysed Joshua's 10th round stoppage of durable Frenchman Carlos Takam to defend his IBF and WBA titles in Cardiff on Sunday (NZT).

All the attention now moves to Joshua's next opponent - with Parker, as WBO champion, and American Deontay Wilder as the WBC belt holder, the names on everyone lips as unification hopes come into the frame for 2018.

Joshua overcomes resolute Takam

Joshua's flawless professional record now stands at 20 victories and as many knockouts, but this was not a display to stand alongside his statement triumph over the great Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley in April.

An accidental clash of heads in round two left the 28-year-old Briton mopping blood from his nose and mouth – Joshua claimed the nose was broken in his post-fight interview - and Takam felt his wrath two sessions later when a short left hook dropped him to the canvas.

Joshua ready to 'go to war'

Takam (35-3-1) stepped in at late notice for this weekend's WBA, IBF and IBO heavyweight title clash with Joshua after the Briton's original opponent Kubrat Pulev withdrew due to injury.

It meant a quick change in the 28-year-old's preparations for the bout in Cardiff, with Takam a very different fighter to Pulev.

But Joshua is relishing the challenge and knows he will need a different approach to topple his 36-year-old opponent and retain his belts.