Benji Marshall

Marshall and Foran remain in Kiwis squad

The veteran halves are in a 19-strong group announced by coach Michael Maguire, with regular five-eighth Kodi Nikorima having been ruled out of contention by the Warriors.

Maguire confirmed Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will retain the captaincy, even though a shift to the wing or centres looms following the return to availability of star fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, who missed all of last year's five Tests.

Veteran hooker Issac Luke is in the group of eight players cut from the 27-man group unveiled midweek ahead of Saturday's clash in Auckland.

Marshall urges NRL to consider South Island

The debate about expansion and relocation has reignited, with the NRL to deliver a report into the viability of adding a 17th and 18th NRL franchise.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has said that Rugby League Central no longer has the money to prop up struggling franchises - placing relocation on the agenda.

Should any side hit the rocks financially, it is likely the NRL would seek to move them interstate, away from the crowded Sydney market.

Marshall's club the Wests Tigers, along with Manly and Cronulla are mentioned as clubs most likely to be moved.

Cleary backs Marshall for Test recall

Although Marshall hasn't run out in a Kiwi jersey since 2012, his early-season form proves he would still be up to the task if given the opportunity.

"You'd think [his chances of a recall] would have to be fairly good," Cleary said.

"I'm not picking the team but he's certainly passionate about the Kiwis and he's playing well so if he keeps that up he'd surely have to be in the running there somewhere."

Benji still keen on the Kiwis

After establishing himself as arguably the form New Zealander of the NRL during the opening six rounds, the Wests Tigers' No.6 is still dreaming of ending his six-year exile from the national set-up.

On form, he is undoubtedly the leading contender to partner Shaun Johnson in the halves for the mid-year Denver Test against England and has consistently out- pointed the other leading contenders.

Benji and Brooks brilliant as Tigers stun Storm

It's the second time in three weeks that the Tigers have beaten the Storm, both efforts based on courageous defence and new-found grit.

It is the first time the Storm have lost consecutive away games since 2015.

While Marshall grabbed the headlines, hitting the match-winner from 25 metres out, Brooks was the one getting pats on the back from his coach.

Ivan Cleary said he felt his No.7 put in "one of his best" performances and stepped up when it mattered.

"Late in the game, Benji and Luke came up with some big plays," he said.

Benji ensures Tigers teammates give Slater guard of honour

Marshall was preparing to give a post-game interview for Fox Sports following his team's surprise 10-8 win over the Storm at AAMI Park when he noticed the Melbourne players were getting ready to give Slater a guard of honour as he walked off the ground.

Yelling out to his teammates over the other side of the field, Marshall told them to rush over to acknowledge Slater in his milestone match.

Past and former players have taken to social media to praise Marshall for his selfless act, including Monty Betham, David Mead and Jake Marketo, plus countless fans.

I was unwanted at Wests Tigers: Marshall

Marshall starred in his first game back for the Tigers in Saturday's upset win over the Sydney Roosters, his first game for the club since leaving for Super Rugby club the Auckland Blues at the end of 2013.

It was originally understood Marshall's departure came about following a contract dispute over a potential extension at the club, but the playmaker revealed on Sunday he was left unwanted by the Tigers' previous administration.

Marshall backs Lolohea at No 1

Marshall described Lolohea as being Tonga's second-best player, only behind powerhouse forward Jason Taumalolo, during their dream RLWC campaign which ended in Saturday's heart-breaking semifinal loss to England.

Playing at five-eighth, Lolohea guided Mate Ma'a Tonga to within touching distance of a dream finals appearance.

While his kicking, fifth-tackle options and game management was sometimes lacking during the RLWC, his explosiveness and game-breaking ability was on show.

Benji Marshall to take on Warriors

Marshall returned for Broncos' feeder side Redcliffe last week, his first competitive match since breaking his wrist earlier in the season.

The 32-year-old is set to make his first start for Brisbane in Saturday's clash against the Warriors in Auckland, alongside Hunt who has been sidelined for six weeks with a hamstring injury.

Marshall's selection has been prompted by Anthony Milford's call up to Queensland's State of Origin team and hooker Andrew McCullough's serious concussion. 

Benji Marshall out for six weeks

Marshall suffered the injury after impressing in Redcliffe's 28-20 win over Ipswich, having scored one try and had a hand in three others.

"It is really unlucky for it to happen like this but that is football," Marshall told broncos.com.au