Deontay Wilder

Fury could be next for Wilder

Fury will step into the ring with Francesco Pianeta a week on Saturday after beating Sefer Seferi in his first bout for 32 months in June.

Sulaiman confirmed former world heavyweight champion Fury could get a chance to take Wilder's WBC belt from him after Anthony Joshua signed up for a fight with WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin on September 22.

"It seems that Wilder will fight Tyson Fury next," Sulaiman told Sky Sports. "We are waiting for an official sanction request from the promoter."

Wilder fight 'nearly done' – Fury

WBC heavyweight champion Wilder has long been talking with Anthony Joshua about a unification bout but, even with Wembley Stadium secured for the Briton for April, no contract has been agreed.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter, touted a fight between Wilder and Dillian Whyte at the weekend, too, but it now appears that the American will instead face Fury. 

Fury (26-0) ended a two-and-a-half-year absence by beating Sefer Seferi in June and faces Francesco Pianeta in August, before turning his attentions to Wilder (40-0). 

Wilder lets fly at Joshua

It emerged on Tuesday that the WBA had ordered Joshua to agree a date for a mandatory title defence against Alexander Povetkin.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter, questioned whether Wilder wants to step into the ring with the Briton, stating that he had not heard back from the American's camp after sending a contract over last week.

Hearn said it appears that a bout with Povetkin will be next for WBO, IBF, IBO and WBA strap-holder Joshua and Wilder – the WBC champion – let his feelings be known over that latest twist.

Hearn: Joshua frustrated by Wilder

WBC champion Wilder is yet to agree to a unification fight with Joshua, who is aiming to hold all four of the major heavyweight belts. 

The lengthy negotiations have once again stalled after delays in the American's camp returning the contract they were sent by Hearn.

Now, the World Boxing Association (WBA) has ordered the Briton to sign for a mandatory title defence against Povetkin within 24 hours, and Hearn believes the governing body has run out of patience.

Wilder to be sent AJ terms

The unbeaten fighters have been on a collision course for some time, particularly since Joshua defeated Joseph Parker to add the WBO strap to his WBA and IBF belts.

However, despite plenty of back-and-forth verbal sparring, a deal has yet to materialise and Hearn, Joshua's promoter, recently suggested that an agreement to fight Alexander Povetkin was close and the Wilder clash would have to wait until February 2019.

Joshua-Wilder set for February 2019

Unbeaten knockout merchants Joshua (21-0) and Deontay Wilder (40-0) have seemingly been on a collision course for some time, particularly since the former beat Joseph Parker to add the WBO title to his WBA and IBF belts.

Negotiations with WBC holder Wilder and his camp have appeared fractious at best, but a breakthrough appears on the horizon.

However, Joshua will likely fight WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin first, with an announcement expected before the end of the week.

Wilder offers Joshua $50million

A unification bout with WBC champion Wilder has been touted for WBA, IBF and WBO titleholder Joshua, who claimed the latter belt with a unanimous decision over Joseph Parker last month.

A clash between the two unbeaten boxers is the fight everyone wants to see and on Wednesday, American Wilder announced he had something in the mail for Joshua – a $50m offer.

"I got something special for you," Wilder tweeted. "And by the way, all the money's in the bag."

Wilder ready to fight Joshua

Joshua vowed to knock WBC champion Wilder "spark out" after beating Joseph Parker in Cardiff on Saturday to add the WBO belt to his IBF and WBA straps.

Finkel said the Wilder camp are prepared to come to an agreement to face the Briton, with reports that a two-fight deal for bouts in the UK and the United States is on the cards.

"We are really glad that Anthony Joshua said for the first time, 'I will fight Deontay next...' and we believe he is a man of his word. Deontay accepts the challenge," Finkel told The Daily Telegraph.

Deontay Wilder believes Joseph Parker has one big advantage over Anthony Joshua

The highly-anticipated bout will see Joshua and Parker put their IBF, WBA Super, IBO and WBO belts and unbeaten records on the line, as both fighters aim to become the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis in 1999.

Many pundits out of the UK believe Joshua's size and skill will prove too much for Parker at the Principality Stadium on April 1 (NZ time), but Wilder has a different perspective.

Speaking to Andrew Gourdie and Jim Kayes on RadioLIVE's Sunday Sport, Wilder issued a warning not to be deceived by the Briton's chiselled physique.

Wilder, Ortiz fight rescheduled

In taking the fight with fellow unbeaten fighter Ortiz, Wilder has accepted what is widely considered his greatest test yet.

He will be making the sixth defence of his title on March 3 having in November stopped Bermane Stiverne, when a match-up with Ortiz was cancelled after the 38-year-old Cuban tested positive for banned substances in a drugs test.

Ortiz avoided a ban after the WBC found he had taken diuretics for high blood pressure, although he was fined.

The fight will be Wilder's seventh defence of the WBC heavyweight world title.