Manny Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao beats Keith Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title

Thurman - previously undefeated - had promised to send the 40-year-old Fillipino into retirement, but was knocked down in the first round before a thrilling fight went the distance.

"I knew it was too close," said American Thurman. "He got the knockdown so he had momentum in round one. This was a beautiful night of boxing."

The 30-year-old had been looking for his 30th straight win.

Two judges scored it 115-112 to Pacquiao, while the other gave it 114-113 to Thurman.

Pacquiao camp reject Khan claim

Khan announced on Tuesday that "both parties have signed the fight off" for Riyadh on November 8, suggesting only an injury to Pacquiao in his clash with Keith Thurman could scupper the planned bout.

But with Pacquiao firmly focused on taking on Thurman for the WBA welterweight title in Las Vegas on Saturday, his team have spoken on his behalf to reject Khan’s claim.

Sean Gibbons, president of MP Promotions, told BoxingScene.com: "The Amir Khan fight is news to us."

Mayweather makes Pacquiao claim

After coming face-to-face with Pacquiao during his tour of Japan, Mayweather released a video on Instagram accompanied by the message: "I'm coming back to fight Manny Pacquiao this year, another nine-figure pay day on the way!"

The American, 41, can be heard shouting in the video: "I'm coming back in December!"

Mayweather is unbeaten in 50 career contests, having stopped UFC star Conor McGregor in a lucrative Las Vegas bout last August. 

Mayweather defeated Pacquiao by unanimous decision at the MGM Grand in May 2015 in a long-awaited bout between the pair.

Pacquiao-Matthysse fight on

Money due in an escrow account to be paid after the fight has come through, allowing Matthysse (39-4-0) to fly out to Malaysia to defend his secondary welterweight world title against Pacquiao (59-7-2) on July 15.

Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez confirmed on Monday that the details had been ironed out.

"The fight's a go. There were some bumps in the road but everything is now in order and we're excited," he told ESPN.

Pacquiao out of rematch

Former belt holder Jessie Vargas shapes as the man most likely, after Pacquiao's withdrawal on Friday due to his commitments as a Philippines senator.

Horn's trainer Glenn Rushton said with the Australian's rise to world champion, he had become the hunted and would have no trouble luring a big-name fighter to Brisbane for a November title defence.

Rushton anticipates a new opponent being locked in within a week or so, with the venue dependent on the profile of Horn's rival.

"We want to bring a big fight to Brisbane this year," Rushton said on Friday.

Pacquiao hints at Horn rematch

"Let the people judge for themselves. People saw what happened," Pacquiao said in a statement, CNN Philippines reports.

"We have seen worse judgements in the past where judges manipulated results. Nothing surprises me now."

Pacquiao relinquished his WBO welterweight championship title when underdog Horn was awarded a unanimous decision victory at the 'Battle of Brisbane' fight on July 2.

Horn's Pacquiao win confirmed

The Australian shocked Pacquiao to win the WBO welterweight title at the start of July, but many considered the unanimous points decision a controversial one.

But Pacquiao and the Philippines Games and Amusements Board (GAB) called for the WBO to review the fight, although Horn would still keep his title regardless of the findings.

Five judges re-scored the bout and Horn was once more ruled the winner on Monday.

WBO re-scoring Pacquiao v Horn

The WBO was responding to a Philippines government department's request to review last Sunday's fight after Pacquiao said the decision against him was unfair.

The Philippines Games and Amusements Board's (GAB) said it based their request on protecting boxing's integrity, citing possible miscalls by the referee and judges.

But the WBO reiterated its only hope of revoking the fight judges' decision rests on proving fraud in match officiating.

Manny Pacquiao wants fight reviewed

Pacquiao lost his World Boxing Organisation (WBO) welterweight championship to Australian Horn in a contentious points decision on Sunday in the 'Battle of Brisbane' at Suncorp Stadium.

While the 38-year-old Pacquiao said he accepted the view of the judges in his in-ring interview immediately after the fight, he has grown more critical of the result since returning to the Philippines.

Pacquiao ignored Parker

For all of 45 seconds.

"This boxer," Pacquiao said pointing to Duran, "was one of my favourite boxers when I first started. And of course, Jeff Fenech. And my friend Tim Bradley."

Bradley is one of the few fighters to have inflicted defeat on Pacquiao in his 67 bouts. Pacquiao then paused, looked around …

"And I don't know the name of the rest of the people here. You will enjoy this fight. Thank you, and good afternoon."

And then he left.