Tyson Fury

Fury hits back at Wilder

Former unified world champion Fury and Wilder are due to due battle for a second time on February 22 after their first fight last December was declared a draw.

Wilder taunted the Brit by claiming he never wanted a rematch and is "running" as he prepares to face Luis Ortiz at the MGM Grand on November 23.

Fury hit back by stating he is gunning for the American after making a winning WWE debut against Braun Strowman last week.

Fury plans to quit boxing in 2020

The former unified heavyweight champion of the world makes his WWE debut on October 31, facing Braun Strowman at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia.

Following his move into sports entertainment, Fury expects to return to the ring against Deontay Wilder in February.

However, the 31-year-old has suggested he will have wrapped up his boxing career by the end of 2020.

"Hopefully I have three fights next year, Wilder in February, Wilder in June and then maybe a farewell fight in December," Fury told BBC Sport.

Fury survives huge scare to beat Wallin

Fury successfully defended his lineal heavyweight title, but only after surviving a huge scare from his Swedish opponent.

The Brit was cut badly above his right eye in the third round and had to deal with a bloody face for long periods, but his aggression – particularly in the second half of the fight – paid off.

Judges scored it 118-110, 117-111 and 116-112 in Fury's favour as he improved to 29-0-1 and handed Wallin (20-1) his first defeat.

Wilder unimpressed by Fury's win

Fury returned to the ring for the first time since his thrilling draw with Wilder in December and he made light work of the previously unbeaten Schwarz in Las Vegas.

After the victory, Fury said he intended to fight once more before seeking a rematch with WBC title-holder Wilder.

Yet Wilder, who, like Fury, is still yet to taste defeat, was less than impressed by his display on Saturday given who he defeated.

"It was a cool performance; It wasn't much of an opponent," Wilder told The Athletic.

Joshua warns Wilder, Fury I'm still getting better

IBF, WBA and WBO champion Joshua has repeatedly failed to secure a fight with the other two leading names in the division, with high-profile negotiations with Wilder, in particular, failing time and again.

The Briton will next face Andy Ruiz Jr at Madison Square Garden on June 1, but he believes Wilder and Fury are taking a risk by delaying any clash with him.

Joshua claims he has been steadily improving since beating Wladimir Klitschko in April 2017 and expects his hard work to pay off against his next opponent.

Wilder to fight Fury in 2019 & Joshua in 2020 – Finkel

Wilder will defend his WBC title against mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale next month, with Joshua then set to make his American debut at Madison Square Garden on June 1 against an unnamed replacement for Jarrell Miller, expected to be Andy Ruiz Jr.

The unification bout against WBA, IBF and WBO champion Joshua appears no closer to coming to fruition.

However, Wilder recently insisted it was inevitable and Finkel anticipates it will finally happen next year.

Deadline put on Fury v Wilder re-match

If the situation goes to a purse bid, any promoter can bid to host the fight, with Wilder getting 60 percent of the winning bid and Fury getting 40 percent as opposed to the usual 70-30 split.

Wilder retained his title after a split decision draw with Fury last month and the WBC quickly sanctioned a direct rematch, meaning mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale and fellow suitor Dillian Whyte will likely be forced to wait at least a fight longer before competing for the belt.

WBC approves direct rematch between Wilder and Fury

"Wilder and Fury gave boxing one of the best fights in the heavyweight division in a long time, which has created tremendous popular demand for the fans to see a rematch," the WBC said in a statement on Friday.

US boxer Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) knocked Britain's Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) down twice, including a brutal right-left combination in the 12th that initially looked like it would end the fight.

Fury could be next for Wilder

Fury will step into the ring with Francesco Pianeta a week on Saturday after beating Sefer Seferi in his first bout for 32 months in June.

Sulaiman confirmed former world heavyweight champion Fury could get a chance to take Wilder's WBC belt from him after Anthony Joshua signed up for a fight with WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin on September 22.

"It seems that Wilder will fight Tyson Fury next," Sulaiman told Sky Sports. "We are waiting for an official sanction request from the promoter."

Wilder fight 'nearly done' – Fury

WBC heavyweight champion Wilder has long been talking with Anthony Joshua about a unification bout but, even with Wembley Stadium secured for the Briton for April, no contract has been agreed.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua's promoter, touted a fight between Wilder and Dillian Whyte at the weekend, too, but it now appears that the American will instead face Fury. 

Fury (26-0) ended a two-and-a-half-year absence by beating Sefer Seferi in June and faces Francesco Pianeta in August, before turning his attentions to Wilder (40-0).