Barrister Nalesoni Tupou says he will be laying a formal complaint with the Rugby League World Cup authority regarding the refereeing in the match.
"I will be asking them why there was no process to review or reconsider the decision by the referee."
The Tongan side were denied a match-winning try in the game's final play, when Australian referee Matt Cecchin ruled a knock-on, without consulting a video replay.
Mr Tupou also says he will be making enquiries into two wrong calls the same referee made in 2012, which saw him dropped from officiating duties, believing mistakes may have been made again.
Newshub reports there were further, less formal, protests actions in downtown Auckland last night.
Auckland Police released a statement regarding the protests.
"Auckland City Police are pleased this evening’s (Monday's) gathering of Tongan league supporters in the CBD has been in largely good spirits...So far we have received no reports of people being assaulted, or any damage, or theft, in relation to the gathering. There have been no arrests at this stage."
Police have said they will remain in the area as required.