Kevin Spacey

Kevin Spacey set for acting return in Italian film

   

The actor has kept a low profile since sexual assault allegations, which he denied, emerged in 2017.

The allegations caused Spacey to lose several jobs, including his starring role in Netflix's House of Cards.

He is set to appear briefly in Nero's upcoming low-budget indie film, L'uomo Che Disegnò Dio, according to Variety.

Kevin Spacey sexual assault case could be dismissed, judge says

The man was asked to testify Monday regarding text messages he sent and received on the night in July 2016 that he encountered Spacey at a Nantucket restaurant. Spacey's lawyer contends that the young man had deleted text messages that could back up Spacey's assertion that whatever happened that night was consensual flirtation.

After the lawyer, Alan Jackson, told the man he could be charged with a felony for deleting evidence, the man invoked his constitutional right to protect himself from self-incrimination.

Kevin Spacey charged with sexual assault in Massachusetts

He will appear in court on 7 January over the incident, which allegedly occurred in Nantucket in July 2016.

On Monday, Mr Spacey posted a video in which he appears to deny any wrongdoing while in character as Frank Underwood from House of Cards.

"I'm certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn't do," he says in the clip.

"You wouldn't believe the worst without evidence, would you?" he asks. "You wouldn't rush to judgements without facts."

LA prosecutors drop sexual assault charge against Kevin Spacey

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office said the alleged incident was outside California's statute of limitations.

Officials confirmed in April that an allegation involving Mr Spacey and an incident with a man in West Hollywood in 1992 was being investigated.

Another case concerning an alleged incident in 2016 remains under review.

A number of allegations of sexual misconduct have been made against the Oscar-winning actor since last November, when he was accused by actor Anthony Rapp of making a sexual advance in 1986.

House of Cards filming to resume - without Kevin Spacey

The hit Netflix show was forced to take a break following the claims and Spacey has now been dropped from the show.

Pauline Micelli, senior vice president at the show's studio, Media Rights Capital, recently wrote to staff to say its hiatus was being extended.

But production is expected to begin again on 8 December.

Netflix previously announced it "will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey".

'Loyal and talented'

Kevin Spacey: Completed film to be reshot without accused actor

His role in All the Money in the World is to be recast and his scenes reshot. The release is expected to go ahead as planned on 22 December.

Spacey, who was late oil tycoon Jean Paul Getty in the film, will be replaced by Christopher Plummer.

The claims against Spacey span from the mid-1980s to last year.

All the Money in the World, directed by Ridley Scott, is about the 1973 kidnapping of Getty's teenage grandson.

Variety said that Spacey had shot about two weeks of footage and there were many scenes in the film where he was the only actor on screen.

Kevin Spacey: New allegations emerge

The claims, spanning from the mid-1980s to 2016, raise further questions about the US actor's conduct in the decades he worked in Hollywood and as artistic director at London's Old Vic theatre.

The BBC has contacted Mr Spacey for comment.

On Wednesday, the journalist whose October tweet triggered a series of accusations about Mr Spacey spoke out.

Former television news anchor Heather Unruh told a press conference in Boston that her son had been sexually assaulted by Mr Spacey, at the age of 18 in a bar in Nantucket, Massachusetts, in July 2016.

Kevin Spacey: UK police investigate sexual assault claim

The Sun newspaper said a man, aged 23 at the time, made a complaint on Tuesday about the alleged incident in the London borough of Lambeth.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed that they are investigating an alleged assault on a man from 2008.

They would not confirm the allegation was made against House of Cards actor and double Oscar winner Spacey.

Spacey said on Thursday that he is seeking treatment after facing allegations of sexual misconduct from a string of men.

No arrests

Kevin Spacey faces more sexual harassment allegations

Roberto Cavazos, an actor who worked at a London theatre where Spacey was artistic director between 2004 and 2015, says he had encounters with the Hollywood star at the time "that verged on what you could call harassment".

The House of Cards star has publicly apologised to another actor, Anthony Rapp, who accused him of trying to seduce him in 1986 when he was 14, saying he did not remember the incident but that if it happened it was "deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour".

Kevin Spacey: Netflix halts House of Cards production

Spacey, who stars in the political drama, has been accused of making sexual advances to a 14-year-old boy.

The show was already due to end after this season, but production is now suspended "until further notice".

The Old Vic theatre in London, where Spacey worked for 11 years, said it was "deeply dismayed" by the allegations.

The 200-year-old theatre has set up a confidential complaints process for anyone connected to the Old Vic to come forward.